Don’t miss the May 4 deadline. Pitch Off winner will also be featured in Inc. Magazine.
The UPS Store® understands that sometimes the biggest challenge small business owners face when taking that next step toward opening or expanding their company is cash. That’s why The UPS Store and Inc. Magazine have teamed up to celebrate entrepreneurs and are hosting the Small Biz Salute Pitch Off, a contest that will reward one small business owner with $25,000, as well as an editorial feature in Inc. Magazine.
Top three finalists will pitch their business to a panel of celebrity judges.
The Small Biz Salute Pitch Off is open for submissions. How to enter:
- Visit www.theupsstore.com/smallbizsalute
- Submit a 60-90 second video or a 100-word essay responding to the questions “what makes my business unique” and “how would I use the prize money to grow my business.” All entries must be received by May 4, 2018.
- A panel of judges will select the top 10 semi-finalists, and these entrepreneurs will be presented for an online public vote from May 18 to June 29, 2018.
- The top three finalists (based in part on public voting) will be invited to attend and compete in the live Small Biz Salute Pitch Off event this August in Detroit, Mich.
- The top three finalists will pitch their business to a panel of celebrity judges and audience for the grand prize of $25,000, along with a feature in the October 2018 issue of Inc. Magazine.
- The grand prize winner will be announced at the live Small Biz Salute Pitch Off event.
Last May, Michael Rosander, co-owner of Discover Magic, LLC, won The UPS Store National Pitch Off. Discover Magic is the first magic company to create completely custom story-driven magic tricks paired with a purpose to empower kids. Every lesson shines a light on the eight traits of a true magician, which is being respectful, prepared, enthusiastic, confident, humble, creative, authentic and giving. With the prize money, Discover Magic was able to provide their first donation of Discover Magic to 300 kids for free across the United States in hopes that this is just the beginning of teaching kids by thousands in the near future.
For more information about The UPS Store Small Biz Salute, how to enter the Small Biz Salute Pitch Off and for full official rules, visit theupsstore.com/smallbizsalute.