The platform adds new opportunities – including Etsy and BigCommerce – to simplify your shipping needs.
E-commerce retail sales for the second quarter of 2016 were $97.3 billion, an increase of 4.5 percent from the first quarter of 2016, according to estimates from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
"UPS marketplace shipping puts all of your data in a central location and allows you to view, edit and ship orders seamlessly. And its gives your company access to more discounts with UPS." –Michele Cooper
With so much profit at stake for the rest of the year and the holiday season, small and medium-sized e-tailers are looking for e-commerce solutions that both sharpen their competitive edge and give their customers a positive online shopping experience. Enter UPS marketplace shipping – a free tool on ups.com.
Marketplace was created in 2014 to give eBay and Amazon sellers the ability to process shipments, combine orders or complete batch processing. "UPS marketplace shipping puts all of your data in a central location and allows you to view, edit and ship orders seamlessly," says Michele Cooper, senior manager, UPS Customer Technology Marketing. "And it gives your company access to more discounts with UPS."
Now, the tool is expanding to include Etsy and BigCommerce. Etsy is a popular website for vintage items and handmade crafts, and BigCommerce is a leading e-commerce platform that helps companies increase sales while streamlining and expanding their businesses.
No matter the size of your company, UPS marketplace shipping can help deliver your products fast while increasing revenue along the way. Here are a few additional benefits of this UPS service:
- Reach your customers anywhere. By selling your products on eBay, Amazon or Etsy or through BigCommerce's platform, you can reach customers where they shop.
- Process shipments faster, easier. Merchants can combine multiple orders into one shipment to a single address and get a consolidated view of that order or the shipment history.
- Enroll more marketplaces. E-tailers can enroll up to 40 online stores (10 per platform), both domestic and international.
- Avoid costly shipping errors. Thanks to new shipping technology, it's easy to automatically import orders from the marketplaces' shopping carts, personalize shipping preferences, quickly access frequent shipping tasks and schedule convenient pickup times.
- Integrate with other UPS programs. UPS marketplace shipping supports UPS WorldShip® technology and UPS Internet Shipping, making it a cinch to import and export data to and from these programs.
- Get flexible payment options. Pay for shipping with a UPS shipping account, a credit card or PayPal.
To learn more about UPS marketplace shipping, click here.