UPS COMPASS ONLINE REGISTRATION TERMS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE located at WWW.COMPASS.UPS.COM (“WEBSITE”) or submitting your registration ONLINE FOR THE WEB SITE.
This Website is intended for use only in the United States (“U.S.”). If you access the Website from outside the U.S., you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for complying with local laws and regulations. To register with the Website and to participate in any blog or public forum, post messages on the Website, or rate and follow articles, you must be a person over the age of legal majority who can form legally binding agreements under applicable law.
Back to Top
2. Registration Profile
Upon submitting your registration, you may be asked to create a profile (“Profile”) and provide information, such as your name and e-mail address, your UPS Account Number, and to select a user name (which will also be your screen name) and a password. You agree to provide, update and maintain true, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration process. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Profile and for maintaining the confidentiality of your Profile information. You may update or modify your Profile information by signing in then selecting the "Update" link. Please notify UPS promptly if you suspect someone is accessing the Website using your Profile information without authorization by contacting UPS at email@example.com. UPS may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your registration or your use of the Website at any time and for any reason or no reason. If your registration is terminated or if you delete your Profile, any images or information stored in your Profile may no longer be accessible by you. UPS reserves the right to disallow screen names on behalf of business or individual that holds legal claim or trademark rights in or on those screen names or for other reasons in UPS’s sole discretion.
Back to Top
3. Participation on the Website
After signing into the Website under your Profile, you may post or submit messages, including, but not limited to, comments to articles, ratings of articles, and submissions to “ask the expert” and “tell my story”, to the Website (collectively, “Messages”). Messages may be accompanied by your screen name and may be viewed by others and you have no expectation of privacy with respect to any Messages you submit. Messages may be included in RSS feeds or made available in other formats. You acknowledge that Messages will not be considered confidential or proprietary and UPS and its affiliates are under no obligation to keep such information confidential. By submitting any Messages, you grant UPS a perpetual, unrestricted, irrevocable, non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty free right and license to use the Messages in any form or media, now known or hereafter developed, which includes, without limitation, the right for UPS (and its third party designees) to use, copy, transmit, publish, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, create derivative works of, host, modify, comment on, and edit any Message you submit.
You are solely responsible for the content of all materials you submit to the Website, including, without limitation, Messages. UPS does not endorse and has no obligation to control the content of Messages submitted by you or any other user. Messages do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of UPS. Messages and responses submitted by UPS and its employees authorized by UPS will be identified as UPS employees or UPS experts. UPS makes no warranties as to the content of Messages or the accuracy or reliability of any Message and accepts no responsibility in connection with or arising from Messages.
UPS has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor Messages submitted to the Website. If UPS chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor Messages, UPS reserves the right to edit, move or remove any Message it deems inappropriate or unacceptable for any reason at any time. UPS further reserves the right to prevent you from submitting Messages to the Web Site. You agree that UPS has no liability if it elects to prevent you from submitting Messages or otherwise edits or removes any Messages you submit.
Back to Top
4. Follow an Article
If you are logged in to the Website as a Registrant, you may choose to “follow an article” by selecting the designated box to follow the article after posting a comment or rating that article. You may only select to follow an article if you are logged in as a Registrant. If you select to follow an article, you understand that UPS will send you an email whenever there is a post, comment or update about the article to the e-mail address that you have designated with your registration. To discontinue following an article, click the link provided at the bottom of the e-mail and follow the instructions provided.
Use of UPS Compass on Twitter is governed by the terms and conditions provided by Twitter upon registration with the Twitter service.
Back to Top
5. Conduct on the Website
You must conduct yourself in a civil and respectful manner and comply at all times with all applicable laws, rules and regulations while participating in any blogs or public forums and agree to limit your discussions to the subject matter for which the public forum is intended. You covenant and agree that you will not:
Back to Top
- submit any Messages to the Website which violate the patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or propriety rights, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, or any other rights of a third party.
- submit any Messages that are unlawful, threatening, pornographic, profane, obscene, abusive, false or inaccurate, libelous, constitute an invasion of privacy or publicity, constitute or encourage a criminal offense, or would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate state, national or international law. You may not use the Website to harass, “stalk” or post insulting comments regarding any other person or submit any Messages that are abusive or discriminatory.
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or association with any person or entity. You may not disguise the origin of any content posted to the Website. You may not imply or state that UPS endorses or is associated with any Message you submit.
- solicit personal information, passwords and associated information from Members or use any data mining, robots, or similar data-gathering and extraction tools in connection with the Website. You may not post personally identifiable information about any other individual on the Website. You may not post Messages for the purposes of spamming. You may not collect or store personal data about other users.
- use the Website for any commercial purpose, including posting Messages, images or other items of content that advertise any products or services, link to any businesses or otherwise contain commercial content or solicit contributions.
- harm minors in any way.
- Post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software of hardware or telecommunications equipment.
6. Reporting Violations of these Terms
If you became aware of activities that you believe in good faith violate these Terms, you should notify UPS by contacting UPS at firstname.lastname@example.org. UPS does not guarantee any action based on such information, but will make every reasonable effort to respond in a fair and timely manner.
Back to Top
7. Modifications to the Website and the Terms
UPS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to revise, change, or modify these Terms at any time by updating this posting. We suggest you check back periodically. Your continued use of the Website after any changes will mean you accept those modified Terms. Any aspect or feature of the Website may be changed, supplemented, deleted or updated without notice at the sole discretion of UPS.
Back to Top