UPS doesn't take many holidays, but now you can prepare for those few days that we observe. So, get the most out of UPS throughout the year without missing a beat – or a pickup – by keeping this list handy. You also can download this as a PDF.
Have an urgent shipment? UPS Express Critical is always available – even on holidays.
UPS does NOT pick up or deliver on these days:
- Jan. 1 – New Year's Day
- May 26 – Memorial Day
- July 4 – Independence Day
- Sept. 1 – Labor Day
- Nov. 27 – Thanksgiving Day
- Dec. 25 – Christmas
UPS will pick up and deliver air and international packages only (no UPS Ground service) on:
Three more notes
- Weekends. UPS Worldwide Express®, UPS Next Day Air® and UPS 2nd Day Air® packages processed and labeled for Saturday Delivery are guaranteed on Saturdays throughout the year. Saturday pickups are also available for air and international packages. UPS Drop Boxes are picked up on weekdays only. No UPS packages are delivered on Sunday (see next bullet for urgent packages).
- Extremely urgent shipments. UPS Express Critical® never takes a holiday: Service is available 24/7, 365 days per year. Call 1-800-714-8779 or visit upsexpresscritical.com
- Year-end operations. A detailed UPS holiday schedule for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s will be posted on Compass Online in July.